For some in their 20s, Bristol is home. For others, it is simply a pit stop. Whether you are here to stay or just passing through, open your eyes to the numerous young and riveting experiences Bristol has to offer. The city of Bristol is expanding and presenting more opportunities for younger generations. However, many existing perks have been overlooked time and time again. The list of things to do is endless, so here are the top 20 things for the 20-something year old to do:
Breweries are becoming more and more popular within the younger crowd. Bristol is the home of three new and rising breweries.
- Bristol Brewery – In July 2015, Bristol Brewery opened its doors. Since then, it has been a huge hit!
- Holston River Brewing Co. – The first brewery in Bristol. With 12 different beers on tap, a fire out back, live music and acres of space, the Holston River Brewing Co. is a must-do for anyone in their 20s.
- Studio Brew – The newest brewery of the three. The owners of Studio Brew turned an abandoned manufacturing plant into a hot spot for people of all ages.
Every 20-something year-old loves a good night out on the town. Bristol has that and more!
- Stateline & 620 State – Possibly one of the most popular places for young adults. Weekend nights are full of music, socializing and – of course – drinking at this hit bar and grill.
- Quaker Steak and Lube – Before bar hopping downtown, stop by this amazing restaurant for award winning wings, burgers and beer. So, gather your friends and have a Lube Tube (lots of beer) and some awesome food!
- Burger Bar – The Burger Bar is the place to go if you’re looking for an old-fashioned burger and milkshake. Placed right downtown, it is convenient, fast, and a big hit for all.
- Blackbird Bakery – Coffee is a must for the morning after a good night out, or maybe you are just looking for dessert after dinner. Regardless, Blackbird Bakery has everything you need!
- The Southern Churn – They specialize in delicious, fresh made ice cream with an old-fashioned, hand-cranked taste. They also make a variety of fudge right there at the store!
- Tri Cities Escape Game – With hidden clues, cleverly-crafted messages and mind-bending puzzles, the new Tri-Cities Escape Game just might be the fastest hour of your life! Can you escape in an hour??? Give it a try and find out!
- Shopping – If you are shopping for the perfect outfit, fishing gear, antiques or art downtown Bristol is where you need to go. The extensive list includes stores such as: Heritage Antique Mall, Cranberry Lane, Kil’n Time, Serendipity Women’s Clothing, Blakely –Mitchell Men’s Clothiers and TRI SUP Stand-Up Paddle Board Co.
- Live music and Performing Arts What’s exploring downtown with no music?! Bristol is the place to go for all your music needs. Whether you like rock, bluegrass or country, there is a concert waiting for you.Bristol is home to many entertainment attractions. If you’re looking for a classic play, stop by The Paramount Center for the Arts and The Bristol Theater. Bristol is also full of street events, such as: Bristol Rhythm and Roots, Border Bash, and the PUSH! Film Festival.
Sports and Outdoors
- Bristol Pirates Baseball – “A good place to play”…and watch! Minor league baseball is growing at a fast rate. Watching the Pirates on their home field is an event every sports fan should experience.
- Steele Creek Park – From hiking to golf and everything in between, Steele Creek Park is a beautiful and widely popular scene in Bristol. With over 24 miles of trails around a lake full of paddleboards and more, this park is the perfect place for all our outdoor needs.
- South Holston Lake – There are many activities near and on this lake including: boating, jet skiing, canoeing, white water rafting, skiing, fishing, horseback riding, mountain climbing, caving and hiking. You can never go wrong with a lake day!
Bristol newest addition. The Pinnacle offers, what seems likes, and endless amount of shops and dining experiences!
- Shops – So. Many. Stores. You can’t go wrong shopping at The Pinnacle – unless ‘wrong’ means finding great clothes at great prices.
- Eating – After you’ve shopped all you can, stop in at one of the many food services such as Steak N’ Shake, Chick-Fil-A, Zaxbys and Johnny Brusco’s.
- Marquee Cinema – This 12 screen mega-theater offers everything you could ever want in a theater. Reclining Seats? Yup. Online tickets? Yup. 71 ft. screens? Yup.
- Bass Pro Shops – Even if you don’t like hunting or fishing, Bass Pro Shop is a place to visit. It offers bowling, dining, shopping, and much more!
- Races in April and August – Of all the things to do in Bristol, this is an absolute bucket list item. You don’t have to like NASCAR to enjoy yourself at one of Bristol Motor Speedway’s NASCAR races.
- Tours – If you are a NASCAR fan, Bristol Motor Speedway offers tours of the racetrack every day. This behind the scene tour is both fun and educational!
Twin City Drive-In Theater
20. An old-time classic. The Twin City Drive-In Theater shows recent hit movies every weekend. Drive on in for this fun and memorable experience.
So, next time you are bored and thinking “There’s nothing to do,” think again. Bristol offers so many wonderful opportunities; you just have to be willing to go find them.