Founded in 1894, the Golf Club of Bristol is one of the longest-running clubs in the country and is the birthplace of organized golf in the state of Tennessee.
The existing 18-hole course was constructed in 1958 by A.G. McKay, a golf course architect from Morristown, Tennessee, on land which was then known as the Gray and Bentley properties. Titles to the Gray family tracts derive from land grants in the year 1800 by the Commonwealth of Virginia and were signed by James Monroe, who was then the Governor of Virginia.
In 1999, the course was reshaped by the Mark McCumber design group; the changes were executed by Course Crafters, who was also responsible for reshaping Augusta National.
The layout is challenging but fair with long, narrow fairways and fast, undulating greens. With several risk-reward holes throughout, it’s a golf course that will make you think.
To provide exclusivity and availability of services, the golf course is open to members and their guests only.
The Golf Club of Bristol
6045 Old Jonesboro Road
Bristol, Tennessee 37620