July 13, 2022
It’s Bristol Baby: Your Guide to a NASCAR Race Week at BMS
The stage is set for another thrilling race under the bright lights of The Last Great Colosseum. NASCAR racing is back at Bristol Motor Speedway, baby!
Experience the magic of high-banked short track racing with fellow faithful fans from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
We’ve got the insider information to help you navigate one of NASCAR’s loudest and most popular tracks for the ultimate experience with the least amount of stress.
Things to Know
- Get to the track early so you can get the whole Bristol experience. Walk through the fan midway, take a photo at the “It’s Bristol Baby” sign, and enjoy the thrilling and entertaining acts in the Fan Zone. You can catch several driver Q&As on the Food City Stage. The Fan Schedule is packed full of fun things to do before the race starts.
- Don’t forget hearing protection (scanner or earplugs) and a comfortable pair of shoes. Your ears and feet will most certainly thank you later.
- Download the Bristol Motor Speedway app for your Android or Apple device before the race to access schedules, maps, and more. All tickets are now digital, so make sure to download those to your phone or have them in the app before you head to the track.
- Skip the cash. Only credit and debit cards will be accepted on-site at retailers and refreshment stands.
- Pack your own food and drinks. Only soft-sided coolers no larger than 14″ x14″ x 14″ will be allowed inside the venue. No glass! View a longer list of permitted and prohibited items on the track website.
- Do your kids love racing, too? Sign up for the Bristol Kids Club so they can receive special race day swag and exclusive member-only invitations. The club is free to join!
Make sure you visit the directions page on the Bristol Motor Speedway website. It’s a great resource that provides helpful travel tips to make your trip to the track as smooth as possible.
Plan your parking location for the best exit. The way you came in might not be the way you leave the track. Review the egress maps and find the ideal parking spot to match the direction you need to depart.
Allow for plenty of time to arrive. The traffic patterns and time to arrive at your destination will be adjusted during race weekend, especially closer to the start of the race.
Looking to get the most out of your visit to Bristol Motor Speedway? Book an RV or tent spot at one of the campgrounds located around the track. A variety of hookup spots and access to shower facilities make it easy to never leave the grounds.
An additional five off-property campgrounds, plus a variety of hotels around Bristol, offer easy access to the track if the BMS campgrounds are sold out. Reserve your campsite or hotel as soon as you know you are going to the race because they can sell out quickly.
Discover all you need to know about camping at Bristol Motor Speedway here.
Finding Your Way Around
Bristol Motor Speedway is a big venue. If this is your first visit, or if it’s been a while since your last trip, check out the facility maps ahead of time.
See where your seats are in relation to gates and bathrooms, find a parking lot, or pick out a campsite.
You can also view a map of the tram, bus, and shuttle routes that help connect the parking lots, campgrounds, and race track.
Upgrade Your Experience
Add to the weekend’s excitement with various experience upgrades, from stage-side access to the pre-race concert and scanner rentals to walking on the high banks of Bristol before the race begins.
Elevate your seating to the next level with several premium options to choose from. Enjoy an all-inclusive experience, cheer on your favorite driver in a Super Fan Suite, or take in sights, sounds, and smells on an open-air party deck. You can’t go wrong with any of these premium seating experiences!
Hit the Town
During race weekend, make some time to check out everything the area has to offer.
Located less than 8 miles from the heart of Bristol, the historic downtown district offers dozens of restaurants, breweries, and shops to enjoy.
Take a stroll through Bristol’s history on a self-guided Downtown Walking Tour.
Race weekend is a great time to grab a drink with other fans at Michael Waltrip Brewing. The NASCAR legend and two-time champion himself might even make a surprise appearance.
Get ready for all the excitement and drama at The Last Great Colosseum.
After all, it’s Bristol, baby!