Why do you love visiting Bristol? Make us a video showing us what you love about Bristol and you could win $1,000!
Here’s the deal:
- Two winning videos will be chosen. The top video selected by a committee will win a $1,000 grand prize. There will also be a $500 people’s choice prize, which will be voted on via social media. If the video chosen by both is the same, the $500 prize will go to the runner up for the people’s choice award.
- The contest is open NOW through July 1. By July 15, the voting will begin for the people’s choice award. Both winners will be announced on August 1.
- Video submissions should inspire millennials to visit Bristol. They can be singles, couples, groups, families, etc. Videos should include at least one attraction and why someone should come to Bristol to experience it. All experiences described should be legally open and accessible to visitors. These videos should be fun and promotional– not a documentary or news piece. The video should be 0:30 – 3 minutes long. The point of the video is to show Bristol from the local perspective and get people excited about why they should come here.
- Any video meeting the qualifications listed above would have the opportunity to be featured during Push Film Festival and will posted on our YouTube, Facebook and Instagram channels. The selected filmmakers could also write a blog post (300-500 words) and have the video featured on our blog.
- This video contest is being funded by a grant from Virginia Tourism Corporation urging millennials to Crush Friday and take their vacation days. We hope they will choose to spend those Fridays with us in Bristol!
Please email Courtney Cacatian at ccacatian at bristolchamber.org for the Dropbox link and any additional questions you have.