The temperature is (finally) starting to drop and the leaves are starting to turn in Bristol. That can only mean one thing: fall has arrived and Halloween is quickly approaching! Whether you’re looking for family friendly or haunted horrors, zombie hunting or pumpkin picking, just want to sit for a spell and have some brew, Bristol has something for you to enjoy this Halloween season. We’ve put together a list of our must visits for an unBOOlievable October.
- Pumpkin Palooza and Trick-or-Treating on State Street – Saturday, Oct. 26, 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Downtown Center, 810 State Street. Hosted by Bristol Tennessee Parks & Rec Dept. and Believe in Bristol, there will be fun and games galore including treat bags for kids and a pumpkin to decorate. Downtown merchants are open for trick-or-treating along State Street from 10 a.m. until 12 noon, or until the candy runs out!
- Haunted Holler – Open Friday and Saturday nights, 15128 Lee Highway, Bristol, VA. Take a walk through the haunted house that emcompasses all three floors of one of the oldest homes in Washington County, VA or take a ride deep into the woods for a zombie hunt with a paintball gun. It’s no wonder the Haunted Holler has been added to the National Registry of haunted houses and billed as Southwest Virginia’s Face of Fear!
- Fleenor Farms – Open 7 days a week seasonally at 8006 Reedy Creek Road, Bristol, VA. Head to the maze for some family fun at Fleenor Farms! This real working, generational family farm in SWVA features a 5 acre corn maze, hayrides and maybe even a trip on the farm train. Don’t forget your flashlight if you want to visit the maze after dusk!
- Stickley Farm – Open Wednesday through Sunday throughout the month of October at 550 Beaver Creek Road, Bluff City, TN. This third generation family farm that has been operating since the late 1930s. Stickley Farm features a corn maze and a variety of kids activities. Looking for a spook? Don’t miss their haunted farm open Friday and Saturday nights.
Other can’t miss Halloween Happenings:
- Bass Pro Shop’s Family Halloween Event, Oct. 19-20 and Oct. 25-31
- Kil’n Time’s The Great Pumpkin Canvas Class, Oct. 24 from 6-9 p.m.
Get out and Discover Bristol this October and have a SPOOKtacular Halloween!