August 24, 2022
Southwest Virginia Tourism Awards Honor Bristol’s Outstanding Tourism Efforts
Several regional businesses, organizations, and individuals were recognized for their tourism successes by the Friends of Southwest Virginia during the Inaugural Southwest Virginia Tourism Awards at the 3rd Annual Celebrate Tourism Summit on August 22 in Wytheville at the Wytheville Meeting Center.
This year’s awards categories included Excellence in Tourism Marketing, Excellence in Tourism Partners, and Excellence in Tourism Leadership.
The Southwest Virginia Tourism Awards recognized the following Bristol businesses and organizations.
- Best Long Video (Over 60 seconds) – Discover Bristol
- Best Overall Destination Marketing Campaign – Discover Bristol
- Best Rack Card or Brochure – Discover Bristol
- Best Video Series for an Event – Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
- Best COVID-19 Recovery Campaign – Discover Bristol
- Best PR Campaign – Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
- Outstanding Attraction of the Year – Bristol Motor Speedway
- Outstanding Festival of the Year (2 or more days) – Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
- Outstanding New Tourism Partner of the Year – The Cameo Theater
- Outstanding Volunteer – Sally Bolling, Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
“Receiving a Southwest Virginia Tourism Award is such an honor for our tourism partners,” said Logan McCabe, chair of the Discover Bristol Board of Directors. “It’s a testament to Bristol’s tremendous tourism product and the people who make it such a success.”
Discover Bristol Marketing Director Christopher Perrin says, “We are thrilled and honored that Bristol businesses and organizations received ten of these prestigious awards. These awards serve as recognition and validation of the excellent work produced by Bristol’s tourism industry.”